- This event has passed.
Friends of Architecture Forum: Housing Different
September 22 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm| Free
An expert panel, together with participating designers and the public, will examine the nature and extent of the current housing shortage, review innovative housing strategies that have been successful elsewhere, and identify opportunities for meaningful change with in our city’s physical and political landscape. The discussion will be moderated by Friends of Architecture Santa Fe, and audience participation is encouraged. Confirmed panelists include:
- Alexandra Ladd, Special Projects Manager for Housing and Community Development, City of Santa Fe
- Joseph Montoya, Executive Director of the Santa Fe County Housing Authority
- Jamie Blosser AIA, Architect and Executive Director of the Santa Fe Art Institute
- Kevin Kellogg, Chief Executive Officer of The Housing Trust
- Ed Archuleta, Executive Director of St. Elizabeth Shelters + Supportive Housing
- Alexander Dzurec AIA, Architect and Principal of Autotroph
- Mark Rea Baker, AIA, Architect and Principal of Baker Architecture + Design
- John Quale, Chair and Professor of Architecture and UNM School of Architecuture + Planning
The forum will serve as a kick-off for an open-format design charrette (also taking place at form & concept, on Saturday, November 3) where designers will respond with blue-sky design concepts for building sites, housing types, financial models, and/or policy solutions.