- This event has passed.
Toward Essentialism: Workshop with John Sparano & Anne Mooney
November 4, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm| $20 - $25
In this educational workshop, John Sparano, FAIA, NCARB, and Anne Mooney, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, will work directly with participants to help them gain a working familiarity with their firm Sparano + Mooney Architecture’s unique design process. Using a heuristic process the firm’s work is able to move beyond pre-conception to identify design solutions borne of more essential truths. This workshop will guide participants through a new working methodology to approach architectural design problems. Through a hands-on approach Sparano and Mooney will demonstrate how a process of experimentation, testing of solutions and trial-and-error yields a means of more fundamentally grounding architecture to its site and program.
$20 AIA Santa Fe / $25 non – AIA Santa Fe / students free
RSVP James Horn firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
You can pay online – or provide check to “AIA Santa Fe”
3 hours HSW / CEU – Anticipated.
DEADLINE WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 26, 2016 – first come gets in – limited.
– Site / Context – physical + cultural
– Program / Client / Material
2:00 – 2:30 Intro / Overview
– Chart with Steps in Process
2:30 – 3:00 Research + Writing Exercise
– Seeking Essence / Asking Why
3:00 – 3:10 Introduce Workshop Problem
3:10 – 3:40 Working Session
– 3D Diagrams ( 3 ea. ) / Conceptual Constructs
3:40 – 4:30 Small Group Feedback
4:30 – 5:00 Finalize / Translations into Architecture
REQUIRED TOOLS / MATERIALS PROVIDED BY ATTENDEE
– A project you are working on
– Your preferred method of working:
– Laptop / Tablet / Smartphone
– Sketch Pad, Pencils, Pens
– Tape, Tacky Glue, Rolls of Trace, Drafting D314 Pencils, Markers, Chipboard,