Before you submit, read this.
form & concept is currently accepting electronic submissions. Before you submit, please considering the following:
- We only accept submissions through Google Forms, which you can access through the “SUBMIT HERE” links below. Please do not submit by email, physical mail, or walk-in.
- Make sure to visit us, in person or through our website, before you submit materials. Ask yourself, “Does my artwork or exhibition idea connect with the aesthetic and mission of form & concept?”
- We value community, locally and online. The artists, curators and organizations we work with often engage with us through gallery events or social media before submitting ideas for collaboration. Let’s build a relationship!
Here’s who we are seeking.
Visual artists, jewelry designers, and craftspeople.
We maintain 10,000 square feet of exhibition space, including a gallery shop featuring wearable and functional art. We host thematic group exhibitions featuring guest artists, and support a small but growing circle of represented artists.
We collaborate with guest curators to organize invitational and juried exhibitions. Part of our work with outside curators involves seeking funding for ambitious projects that wouldn’t normally find a place in the commercial gallery world. Some of the curators we’ve worked with in this capacity include Ginger Dunnill of Broken Boxes Podcast and the directors of Strangers Collective.
Arts organizations without dedicated spaces.
We work with other arts organizations that don’t have dedicated exhibition spaces to host invitational and juried exhibitions. Some of the organizations we’ve worked with in this capacity include Surface Design Association and Smitten Forum.
Things to keep in mind.
- We review submissions quarterly.
- You (or your artists) retain the copyright/publishing rights to the materials, images & videos that you submit. We will only use them for the review process, and will contact you if we’re interested in working together.
- Due to the volume of submissions we can’t respond to everyone, but we do send salutations and encouragement when we can!
- We can’t return materials that are sent by mail. Please only submit digitally, through the links above.
- While we don’t accept walk-in submissions, you’re always welcome to come by, explore the collection, and casually introduce yourself!
- We are a commercial gallery, so exhibition pitches should generally involve artwork that we’re able to sell. However, we are open to all sorts of big ideas and funding models!